Customs & Traditions of Ahmedabad
- When it comes to greeting someone, people call each other by names and shake hands. For wishing the elders, people fold their hands and wish 'Namaste'.
- Guests are given a warm welcome by people.
- For business meetings, people dress in formals. For men, the formal dress consists of business suit and for women, it is mainly the sari.
- In most of the houses, people take off their shoes at the house entrance and this is expected out of the guests also.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited at public places like restaurants.
- People in Ahmedabad do not indulge in boozing. Though, alcoholic drinks can be obtained at a nominal price from the shops at airport.
- It is customary to pay a tip of 10% of the total bill to the waiters, bar tenders and taxi drivers.